Creation of Strategic Alpine Connectivity Areas, Alp wide Connectivity strategy (Work Package WP T3)
Within this Work Package, different spatial categories of areas, so-called Strategic Alpine Connectivity Areas (SACA), were identified to see the offering of non-/favourable opportunities for implementing ecological connectivity in the Alps.
Here as well, large scale ecological connectivity corridors were defined through SACAs and project regions as transition areas between the Alpine space and EUSALP (see also Interface and support for Ecological connectivity at a macro-regional scale (Work Package WP T4))
The final spatial analysis and their perspectives can be found in the final publication (Chapter 3, page 35-42; Chapter 7, page 80-86).
- SACA-Mapping methodology: D.T3.1_saca-mapping-methodology.pdf
- Super Strategic Connectivity Areas in and around the Alps: D.T3.3_super_saca-report_final.pdf
- Report of site visits: D.T3.2&D.T3.4_site-visits_report_all.pdf
- Report of the "Tratten" in Berchtesgaden, Germany, concerning SACAs and large scale ecological connectivity corridors: tratten-report.pdf
- Proposal for actions in support of ecological connectivity for the Territory of the Community of Communes Mountains of Giffre: proposal-for-actions_mont-blanc_montagnes-du-giffre.pdf (french)
WP Leader: ALPARC